QuizPoker combines the drama of poker with the excitement of a quiz. Basically, the rules of Texas Hold’em Poker apply.
However, instead of cards being dealt, a guessing question is asked at the beginning of each round, which each player can only answer with a number.
After the guess is given, the first betting round begins. Players can fold or bet chips depending on how strong they think their guess is.
As in poker, three more betting rounds follow. However, instead of one new card per round, QuizPoker reveals two hints and the correct answer to better assess how good the original guess was.
When the answer is revealed, the final betting round begins. Once this is complete, the player whose guess differs the least from the correct answer receives the pot (all bets from the entire question round).
Depending on the game situation, a player has the option to take various game actions within the betting round.
- Bet: If no other player has made a bet yet, a player can bet. In other words, you bet on the fact that you have the best answer to the question. The minimum amount for a bet is always the current big blind. If a bet is made, all other players must at least call this amount in order to remain in the question round.
- Call: Call is the confirmation of a bet. Example: If a player bets 100 chips, all other players must also bet at least 100 chips to stay in the question round.
- Check: If a player does not want to bet anything, he can check. This is only possible if no bet has been made during the current betting round. If all players who are still in the game check, the betting round is over and the next round begins. However, if after checking a bet is made during the betting round, the player has the option to call, raise or fold.
- Fold: A player can leave a betting round at any time. If a player folds, he cannot continue to participate in the current question round and therefore cannot win it. Chips already bet from previous betting rounds in the question round are not returned.
- Raise: Raise is the increase of a bet. The raise must be at least as high as the big blind or – if higher – the highest bet in the current betting round.
The blind is a forced bet that must be paid by two people before each round. There is a small blind and a big blind, the small blind pays half of the big blind as a forced bet. The blinds increase as the game progresses to prevent only players with a good answer from calling, thus maintaining the excitement and pace of the game. At the end of the question round, the small blind and big blind are passed clockwise.
There is no betting limit in QuizPoker, so each player can place as many bets as he or she likes.
At the beginning of each question round, a guessing question is asked, which each player answers face down.
Betting Round 1
Once all players have made a guess, the blinds are automatically posted and the first betting round begins, during which players can perform various actions depending on the game situation (see Game Actions).
Betting Round 2
When the first betting round is over, the first hint is revealed. The hint helps all players to estimate how good the initial guess is. As in the first betting round, players can now perform various actions.
Betting Round 3
After the second betting round is over, a second hint is revealed and the third betting round is played.
Betting Round 4
In the fourth and final betting round, the answer to the guessing question is revealed so that all players know if they are close to the answer.
When the betting round is over, the player who made the last bet reveals his guess. Next, all players with the same or a better guess reveal their guess in turn. The players with a worse guess pass, so their guesses remain face down.
The player closest to the answer receives the chips from the entire question round (pot). If more than one player has the same discrepancy in the result, the pot is split.
All players have the option to go all-in during a betting round and thus bet all their remaining chips, even if their amount of chips is not equal to the minimum bet.
If several players go all-in with different amounts of chips, one or more sidepots are created.
- 3 players go all-in
- Player A with 250 chips
- Player B with 500 chips
- Player C with 1000 chips
- If player A wins, he only gets the mainpot, which consists of his own bet multiplied by the number of players who called (250 from each player = 750).
- The sidepot (2 * 250) can only be won by player B or C.
End of the game:
The game ends when only one player has chips left. Accordingly, a player is always eliminated when he has gambled away all his chips.